It all started when I became a mom.
After having my daughter my clear complexion, weight, and self-esteem went haywire! In between the craziness a newborn offers I came to the conclusion that maintaining a beauty routine would be nearly impossibly. My hormones went crazy and with that my confidence went down the toilet. I gave up on taking care of myself; after all, there wasn’t a point to it anyways, right?
During that first year of my daughter’s life I learned how important it was to take care of myself. I learned that taking care of myself had nothing to do with “vanity”, instead, it had everything to do with a feeling of “worth”. God calls us to care for our temples for a reason (1 Corinthians 6:19-20), it glorifies Him and it provides us with the confidence we need to face the day!
After six months of neglecting myself due to confidence I decided to finally do something about it and take a trip to Ulta for my birthday. It should have been a grand experience — an awakening you may call it — but instead it was horrifying. Simply horrifying.
I walked into that store with $100 in birthday money and bought two products which are still nearly full and collecting dust in my vanity. Why did I do that?
- I bought the hype the products promised and quickly realized the “promise” wasn’t as promising as I hoped.
- I lacked so much confidence in myself that it was actually embarrassed to be in a makeup store with employees who knew what they were talking about. I grabbed the first two products they recommended to me, payed, and ran (not walked) out that store.
After that situation I decided enough was enough; I needed to learn how my confidence should come from God and how to care for my body the way God intended. So, I attended a makeup academy and received my International Professional MUA certificate! Since then I have dedicated much of my time to really researching beauty products, marketing, and tricks for mastering makeup as a mom on the go.
Needless to say, it’s been a crazy two years! And now I want to share my knowledge with you in this jam-packed course!
The “Mommy Makeup Course” was designed by a makeup artist mom for women who struggle with a basic knowledge of makeup and/or makeup with common skin issues. Although this makeup course is aimed towards mommies, all women are welcomed to join!
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL LEARN IN THIS
—- MOMMY MAKEUP COURSE —-
SECTION ONE: Before You Begin
- Before You Begin info
- Get to Know the Makeup Brands
- How to Save Money on High-End Makeup Purchases
- What You May Not Know About Makeup
- Makeup Products and Their Purpose
SECTION TWO: Devotionals
- Beauty and Vanity: Is it Biblical?
- Remembering Your Worth
SECTION THREE: Makeup 101
- Lesson 1: Skincare: Understanding Your Canvas
- Lesson 2: Basic Routine: Getting to Know it
- Lesson 3: Flawless Foundation Application: techniques for newbies
- Lesson 4: Eyebrows: Creating the perfect natural eyebrows for YOUR face
- Lesson 5: Contouring + Highlight: the makeup artist way NOT the YouTube way
- Lesson 6: Eyeshadow and Blending: How to blend and apply eyeshadow the professional way
- Lesson 7: Eyelashes (& falsies): Curling, mascara, and maintanance
- Lesson 8: All About Them Lips: How to apply lipstick and what looks best on YOU
SECTION FOUR: Intermediate Makeup
- Lesson 1: Makeup and Common Skin Issues: psoriasis, acne, oily, cold sores, etc.
- Lesson 2: Redness Overload: How to conceal redness from rosacea, dry skin, and acne
- Lesson 3: Dark Spots & Under Eye Circles: How to conceal with color correcting tricks
- Lesson 4: 10 Minute Application: for ladies on the run or busy mamas
- Lesson 5: Mature Skin and Anti-Aging Techniques: How to apply makeup on mature skin
- BONUS LESSON: Final thoughts and giveaway!
I want you to have the knowledge to know what to buy BEFORE you enter a makeup store. This way you are not caught in the marketing trap and leave with products that won’t help achieve your desired look. Because, no matter who you are, we have all had a “deer in the headlights” look when we walk into a makeup store unprepared.
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN THE MOMMY MAKEUP COURSE?
Each makeup lesson will include an in-depth tutorial video, a comprehensive printable with complete instructions from that video, AND a list of products — from drugstore to high end — that you can choose from to complete each look.
The course will also include devotionals and biblical tidbits to inspire women who do not see their own beauty and to encourage a deeper understanding as to how God sees women.
Those who are subscribers will receive extra exclusive details and a HUGE discount.
I’m not a mom, can I join?
Of course! We welcome everyone!
When does it launch?
My goal is the end of September
How long will I have access to this course?
Lifetime, baby! I know how hard it can be to remember everything which is why I wanted to create a course you can refer back to years down the road.
What is included?
Like stated above, this course includes a video demonstration, a printable with instructions for each lesson, a list of products for each lesson, and beauty devotionals.
How much does it cost?
Here’s the kicker: you can either purchase the entire course at a discount for $55.
Yes, it seems like a lot of money — I don’t blame you. But considering an average makeup lesson is around $100 an hour, I do believe it’s one great steal! Plus this makeup course will provide you with tools you need to save money in the makeup field.
What if I purchase the course and find out it’s not for me?
No worries! I understand that we all have different tastes and personalities. If you purchase this course and find out it isn’t for you then you have 10 days for a FULL refund and 30 days for a partial. I want you to be satisfied with your purchase but I also want to protect myself from those who live on the “buy, use, return” lifestyle. 🙂
Is this makeup course for me?
This makeup course is an introduction to the in’s and out’s of makeup. From brands, products, and application — I will help you every step of the way! However, this makeup course is NOT for a seasoned (experienced) makeup artist. This course is a basic/intermediate approach to makeup application. This makeup course is also Christian based so if that is not your thing then this may not be for you. This makeup course is to teach women how to enhance their already beautiful facial features in a natural way. It’s not designed to completely alter the face with theater makeup techniques. Although I will always be available for help via email, this makeup course is not for you if you need a hands on approach since everything is virtual. This course will explain the makeup process in detail without confusing you with craze YouTube trends.
This makeup course is designed to teach women — specifically moms — about makeup with a natural approach. This makeup course DOES include devotionals and scripture references.
KEY POINTS ABOUT MAKEUP COURSE
- Christian-based beauty devotionals
- Makeup video tutorials with printables
- List of products WITHOUT commission links
- Product knowledge to save you time/money in the future
- Lifetime access
- Minimal product usage (to demonstrate that you don’t need a ton of different brands to apply makeup well)
- Natural makeup techniques
- I did the research for you! No need to search Google for answers to difficult questions
- Designed by a makeup artist mom with moms in mind
- Huge discount for subscribers
- I will always be available for course attendees to answer makeup questions!
P.S. Did you know that you can sign up for the email list to receive a free PDF of the eyebrow tutorial? Click HERE to sign up and you will soon receive a thank you email with the eyebrow tutorial attachment. This is a great way to see if the course is for you!