Fun DIY spring projects to add life to your home
As spring approaches we feel the urge to vacuum out the collected dust and open our windows to let out the stale air. We begin to spend more time outdoors, anticipating the summer heat just around the corner. We long for brightness and warmth after a long, bleak winter.
Adding a touch of spring-like charm to your home helps create an atmosphere of warmth and brings life back into the picture. An old bucket with hearty tulips, bird decor, and bright colors are all basic examples of bringing the impression of life into your home.
Here is a collection of 11 absolutely adorable spring DIY projects that you can make on a budget and tweak it exactly to your taste!
1. I loved painted linens because it adds some charm to your home without breaking the bank. In most cases all you need is some paint (I usually always lean towards acrylic) or fabric markers and a linen. This is a great way to make personalized tea towels and wall hangings.
Check out the full tutorial HERE
2. If you’re feeling a desire to get crafty with your decorating, paper flowers are the rage right now! Make a bouquet for your table that you never have to water or create a garland as an accent piece.
You can read the full tutorial HERE
3. Not into fake flowers? I totally understand. So, here’s a tutorial for all you plant lovers! Simply paint a pot, distress it, and either paint an oval with chalk paint for the label or buy a sticker to apply! Adding a touch of color to your pots help your plant stand out, acting as an accent piece. When the color catches the eye, your plant will become the focus which will then bring attention to the life in the room.
4. This front door decor idea is ADORABLE! Who doesn’t love an umbrella filled with tulips? A simple DIY project that adds so much character before even entering your doors.
Click HERE for the tutorial
5. Need a pop of color in your living room? These watercolor pillows look difficult to make but all they require is a little love and time out of your day. Each dye job is completely unique from the next, creating a one of a kind look for your room! You can also watercolor napkins, table runners, and other linens.
Check out the full tutorial HERE.
6. A flower monogram is an easy way to add some class to your home! Add a flower monogram of your child’s name in the nursery or put the first letter of your last name on the wall in your dinning room. Which ever way you choose, it’s bound to be lively with a twist of class.
7. These cups are such a unique idea! Before this year, I had no idea I could Mod Podge tissue paper on to mugs to create a fresh look. Not only does it brighten up your kitchen, but you will also have a small piece of mind knowing none of your friends have the same dishes!
To learn more about creating Mod Podge cups, click HERE.
Also, if you would like to take a mini course on Mod Podge and other creative outlets click HERE
8. I was one of those people who thought a tire could never be cute… until I saw this! If you have any useless tires lying around collecting dust then this would be the perfect spring re-purpose project for you!
You can check out the full tutorial HERE
9. You know what’s great about free printables (besides the fact that they are free)? They make it extremely easy to add character to your decor! Do you have a dinner party tonight and your wall is seeming a little bare? Print out one of these and frame it. Instant decor to your wall with a couple clicks of a button.
10. Come on ladies, is this not the cutest DIY project? Cactus rocks, perfect for a garden themed children’s room! I love having green in every room as a pop color, and I love succulents/cactus’. The problem? I have yet to keep one alive longer than two months. So this is a great alternative for someone like me!
11. I had to include one mason jar DIY project because, why not? This project is currently what I am sporting on my dining room table. Extremely easy and adds a little country chic to the room.
You can check out the tutorial HERE.
Need some guidence for learning how to be creative? Check out my free course 5 Lessons for Discovering a More Creative YOU!
What spring crafts or projects do you love to do that adds life back into your home?